Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 49:42 — 47.2MB)
Subscribe: RSS | Subscribe Page
The world of standup comedy is competitive af, but if you can be open to making your own lane you’ll get far. This week I had the pleasure of interviewing Rob Santos, a seasoned comedian from CT who embodies the spirit of a DIY artist. Whether you’ve been headlining for years, or you’re still at the open-mic level, this episode is going to inspire you to take control of your career in a new way.
In this episode Rob shares:
- When comedy found him & how his upbringing inspired him to express his artistic voice
- How he hasn’t let COVID cramp his creativity
- His comedy workshop “Each One Teach One” & the inspiration behind it
- Why ALL levels of comedians can benefit from comedy class
- The importance of creating your own definition of success
- His journey with mental health & how it’s impacted his journey
- How he’s empowered himself as an artist
- His vision for uplifting the Hartford community & fellow creatives
Follow Rob on Instagram @raggedy_rob & find out about his latest workshops & shows here. If you want to support his newest project with Raggedy Rob Productions check-out their Indie-GoGo Campaign.
If you know someone that’s interested in pursuing stand-up (and hey, maybe that someone is you), I can’t recommend his Each One Teach One workshop enough. When I found myself wanting to take stand-up seriously, his class is what helped me realize that dream.
I hope you enjoyed this episode. Share it with a family member, friend, whoever you know that needs a dose of inspiration. Help the podcast grow by leaving a rating & review on Apple Podcasts, your support means so much. Thank you for listening! Catch a new episode of Work It Own It every Tuesday on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
0 comments on “Making Your Own Lane in Comedy with Rob Santos”