New Year’s Resolutions sound nice, but a lot of people break them. With the start of a new year comes the feeling of a beginning, like we all have a fresh new start. When it comes to setting a resolution, most of us feel the pressure to change something we feel insecure about, like getting abs or loosing 10 pounds. Or we start off strong, and a month later we fall off track.
Most people break their resolutions sooner than you think! Listen to hear how long the average person lasts.
For years I swore to myself, “This is going to be the year I loose weight or give up sugar,” but then I would break my resolution, have tons of guilt, & the year would go by & all the motivation I had back in January would be gone. Now I have a different approach to New Years & it’s brought me so much happiness & growth.
In this episode I share:
- Why most people break their New Year’s Resolutions
- How long most people stay on track with their resolutions
- The negative impact media puts on us to “get skinny” & “loose weight”
- Why I stopped setting New Year’s Resolutions
- New Year Intentions > New Year Resolutions
- How to avoid feeling guilty if you drop your new year intention/goal
- Tips to stay on track with your intention/goal
- My 1st Polar Plunge & why it was so powerful
What are your intentions for the new year? Take screenshot of you listening to this episode & tag me on Instagram @emilysiero! I’d love to hear how you’re up-leveling your life this new year.
If you enjoyed this episode share it with a friend, family member, co-worker, mail-carrier, your favorite barista, your dog… jk dogs can’t write reviews lol. Help the podcast grow by leaving a rating & review on iTunes, your support means so much. Thank you for listening & I can’t wait to see where the new year takes Work It Own It!
Looking for more peace & less anxiety this New Year? Check-out my guided meditations on the free meditation app Insight Timer for a quick & easy way to feel calm & connected.