These peach cobbler oat bars are naturally sweet, crunchy, and taste great with your morning coffee or as a snack. Topped with a delicious oat crumble and sweetened with a touch of coconut sugar, these bars taste just like peach cobbler. It’s always hard to find gluten-free vegan dessert recipes that don’t sacrifice the taste, but these bars will be a crowd pleaser for sure!
We’re having a long peach season in CT and I’m a 100% here for it! The mornings have been slightly chilly, but warm during the day, which I’m loving. Don’t get me wrong, fall is great… but I just love summer so much more.
Now that it’s officially fall I’m excited to try this recipe with local apples! Some of my favorite CT orchards include, Scott’s Orchards, Rose’s Berry Farm & Dondero’s in Glastonbury and Roger’s Orchards in Southington. I’m always looking for new orchards to explore, so let me know in the comments where I should go!
This recipe is easy, made with simple ingredients, and can be made with just about any fruit. I’ve also made this recipe with mini-chocolate chips & shredded coconut, and let’s just say those disappeared quick.
These bars can be made in 15 minutes or less, and involve some hands-on-fun that will make you feel like you’re in art class again. You can either buy oat flour or use a food processor and make your own (a great way to save money). The crust is quick to combine, and then you use half to press into the bottom of the baking pan and the other half for the crumble topping.
Want to save more time? Prep the fruit filling first and while that cooks you can tackle the crust. Just be sure you don’t neglect it and stir it regularly.
This recipe was created for an 8 x 8 pan, and can be double to fill an 9 x 13 pan instead, which I recommend. You won’t regret having more of these delicious bars around! You can also substitute the vanilla extract for almond extract and add a 1/4 tsp of nutmeg for a nuttier flavor.
Try this recipe?
Share with me on Instagram @emilysiero for a shout-out!
I’d love to hear what you think ❤️
Peach Cobbler Oat Bars
Crust & Crumble
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups fresh peaches diced (skin on)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch or corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9 x 13 inch pan with coconut oil or non-stick cooking spray.
Crust & Crumble
- In a large bowl mix together the oat flour, oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add in melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Stir until the mixture forms a nice crumble and the dough begins to lump together.
- Pour half of the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Place the other half into a bowl and let if chill in the fridge, (this will be used for the topping).
- Using your hands, press the mixture along the bottom of the baking pan, making sure the crust is evenly distributed. Using the back of a spoon is a great trick too!
- Place a medium saucepan on stove over medium heat. Add in diced peaches, coconut sugar and salt.
- Use a spoon to press into the peaches to break them down. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to low. Stir in arrowroot or cornstarch.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, until mixture has thickened and coats the spoon after stirring.
- Pour the peach filling over the crust and evenly spread with a spoon.
- Take the crumble topping out of the fridge. Sprinkle the topping over the peach filling. Bake for 30 minutes or until the crumble topping is golden. Let the bars cool completely before cutting. You can also place the bars in the fridge to further cool.
- Enjoy them warmed up or straight out of the fridge!